Checklist for recruitment of Indian Female Household Service Workers (FHSW) & Female Beauty Saloon Worker
- The intending employer (other than a UAE national ) will have to approach the Indian Consulate accompanied by an Indian national, who would personally guarantee the character and the social standing of the intending employer
- FHSW proposed to be recruited should not be less than 30 years of age at the time of the issue of her Employment Visa
- The minimum wage for FHSW will be AED 1,100/- per month. In addition, FHSW will be entitled to free food, accommodation and return air fare every year to visit India and a prepaid mobile phone with SIM card on her arrival in the UAE
- A refundable security deposit of AED 9200.00 (UAE Dirham Nine thousand and two hundred only) per FHSW would need to be deposited with the Consulate which will be refunded after the final departure of the maid from UAE
- Directly by the employer.
- Through a Registered Recruiting Agent (RRA) in India. (Click www.moia.gov.in for the list)
The intending employer would be required to submit the following documents to the Consulate:
- An Application seeking permission to recruit or employ an FHSW giving the full particulars of the employer
- An undertaking by the employer and a guarantor (not related to either maid or employer). Such a guarantor would be required to visit Consulate with his/her original passport and a copy thereof
- Standard Employment Contract attested by the Notary Public, Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- An income certificate indicating individual or with spousal income of not less than AED 10,000/- per FHSW
- Photocopies of the passports of the employer, the Indian guarantor and the proposed FHSW
- The original visa with a copy of the FHSW to be recruited
For saloon workers
- No Objection Certificate from the Father / Husband / Mother of the Worker on Indian Stamp Paper attested by a Notary Public. In case the of single female worker/ worker who does not have any living father /mother / husband / brother, a SWORN affidavit may be required from the worker
- Photocopy of a document such as Passport / Ration Card / Election Identity Card of the Signatory of to be attached to the No Objection Certificate
- A letter from a relative of the worker in UAE or the Company undertaking full responsibility of the worker. If letter is signed by a relative, photocopy of the Passport of the relative should be submitted along with the letter
- Copy of the Employment Offer Letter issued by the Company
- Photocopy of the Certificate(s) of Courses done by the Worker
Subject to documents being in order, the Consulate will:
- issue a letter granting permission to recruit the FHSW
- attest the Employment Contract
- visa of the FHSW
The attested Employment Contract and the attested copy of the visa would then need to be forwarded by the prospective employer/sponsor to the FHSW in India for completing departure formalities with Protector of Emigrants (Click here to for the list and jurisdiction).
Entry Interview and Exit Interview
Within 15 days of the arrival of FHSW, the sponsor/employer MUST bring her in person to the Labour and Welfare Wing on any working day between 1400 pm to 1530 pm for individual/joint briefing and ENTRY INTERVIEW.
Similarly, before the final exit of FHSW, she must be brought in person for individual/joint briefing and EXIT INTERVIEW on any working day between 1400 pm to 1530 pm for individual/joint briefing
Refund of Security Deposit
The Security Deposit would be refunded
- on termination of the contract; or
- at any time by mutual consent of the employer and FHSW.
Before the exit of the FHSW, a request for refund may be made in writing by the employer/sponsor in person along with the employed staff. The application for the refund will be processed provided NO DUES are confirmed with FHSW.
Employers are advised to transfer wages and dues – to the extent possible – by verifiable means with a documentary trail and retain salary slip/transfer details that may be required at the time of EXIT interview.
Should FHSW complain of non-receipt of dues or if the Consulate has to incur any expenditure on her accommodation, food, local transportation and airfare to India, these expenses will be deducted from the Security Deposit and the balance amount refunded to the employer.
In case of transfer of employment of FHSW, security deposit will be refunded only after the new employer deposits the security deposit with the Consulate.
0800-1200 hrs Collection of documents for attestation
0800-1200 hrs Delivery after 2 working days
At Labour & Welfare Section
1400-1530 hrs Registration of Housemaids
1400-1530 hrs Cancellation of Registration of Housemaids
& submission of application for refund of security deposit
All queries with regard to the recruitment of FHSW from India/refund may be addressed to